Sunday, July 1, 2012

WARRIOR DASH MINNESOTA

The last few years I have really gotten into jogging, I have 3 runs planned for this summer and the first one was yesterday.  The Warrior Dash - 3.1 miles of mud, hills, obstacles, mud, water, hills, hills and more hills, oh and heat and sun.  I know it doesn't sound too fun, but we had a blast.  I had a great group of friends to join me (or maybe I joined them).  Check out the warrior dash website for pics of the obstacles.  Notice how cute we are before hand and how muddy we are afterwards.  The last obstacle was swimming through a huge mud pit with a blast of mud water being sprayed in our faces, we weren't too muddy before that.  Can't wait for next year.  In 2 weeks I will run a 5K in Ames, Midnight Madness and in 4 weeks I have signed up for the Bix 7, a 7 mile run in Davenport.  Can't wait.  

Yes - still smiling! 

 At the finish line...

After our "showers" - which was a huge machine (like a snow making machine) blowing water out over about 100 people, it burned and was so cold, but we just wanted less mud caked on us.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so jealous! I've been wanting to do one of those, and also have been wanting to hit up Midnight Madness! Looks like lots of fun! Great job!

Kedra Hamilton said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! Can't wait to run with you at the next 2 runs:)