Saturday, January 7, 2012

I DID IT!

This week I enrolled in Cardio Kicks Boot Camp through our Parks and Rec and our AWESOME Cardio Kicks instructor, Monika Hinson.  I have been taking Cardio Kicks Thursday morning, which is a pretty grueling hour of both kick boxing and stations of hard things, like bag pushes and tire flips.  Well for some reason I decided to sign up for Boot Camp this past week.  It was a super intense workout Monday - Saturday morning from 5:30-6:30am, and 200 abs, 50 pushups, 50 squat jumps and 5 minutes of planks outside of class.  Also included was a strict diet, with no snacks, 5 small meals a day no more, 3 liters of water a day, only 30 minutes of TV and at least 7 hours of sleep a night.  It was tough.  I have never before been on a strict diet or starved myself, I scarfed my food when I was able to eat.
Well I lost 5 pounds in 6 days!!!!! and I do feel really good, I am going to continue with the diet (a little modified however) and continue working out.  I am hoping to lose 10 more to fit into my jeans from college.
Here I am today - so happy I pushed myself so hard and stuck with the plan to the T.  Thank you Monika for doing this camp and all the girls in the class for their awesome support and example of hard work.  Also Thank you Jason for doing to diet with me and cooking breakfast for me everyday this week.  Love you guys!
Hehe!

5 comments:

Ruthie and Adam said...

Way to go, Heidi! I think you're great just the way you are... but added confidence is always a plus! love ya.

Tanya said...

Way to go Heidi!! Such an accomplishment :)

Julie said...

Great job! Love the Luther sweatshirt picture! You can do it!

Amber said...

Lol...love the pic! Great job!!

Kedra Hamilton said...

Yeh, Heidi! I've been wanting to call you all week to see how it went:) Now I know! See you Thursday at kickboxing, hopefully I can keep up with you!